Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The night before

My bike is in it's box despite the agony endured to remove the pedals (thanks Kevin, thanks pedal wrench). My stuff is packed, mostly... I think.

I'm about as excited as it gets, and I just want to thank everyone who helped me out along the way. It's been a long past 8 months of planning, stressing, fundraising, wondering, prepping, training, and freaking out. Now the time is finally here! I couldn't have done it without all the love and support and MONEY! So, thanks for emptying your pockets/pocketbooks for the cause and for me - I won't forget it, and the money that we've raised from this trip (over $60,000) will help to make a difference in many peoples' lives.

No fancy scenic pictures yet, but a before and after of the bike boxing process... a complete pain in the ass.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your adventure of a lifetime! We will be thinking about you and the wonderful cause you are pedaling for!
    Love Uncle John, Auntie Shelly, Andrew, Courtney and Mila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your adventure of a lifetime! We will be thinking about you and the wonderful cause you are pedaling for!
    Love Uncle John, Auntie Shelly, Andrew, Courtney & Mila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Derek,

    Erin! Great to hear of your adventure in Europe. I've been reading your blogs. Full of light, congratulations! I'm pleased to hear that you've experienced Amsterdam's hospitality, biking, etc.

    I'm sending this via your mom and dad.

    Take care, my dearest, I have absolute confidence in you. I know that you have embarked on a journey of a lifetime. It is very exciting!

    Love Derek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choo Choo, Wish I was there, not riding along side on a bicycle, well, perhaps an electric bicycle or a small motorcycle. Lovely pictures, so breathtaking, and love your blogging. Now that Mark has explained blogs to me, here I am! It only took me two days to figure out how to be added as a follower. Lucky for you I'm not in the front pack leading the way. Ride safe. And I bike you, too.

    Mo Bear

    ReplyDelete